Box Office Coördinator Job Description
Job Title: Box Office Coördinator
Location: Atlanta Lyric Theatre offices (primary) and the Jennie T. Anderson Theatre (during shows)
Shift: Part-Time. 11:00am‑4:00pm Monday-Friday as well as some nights and weekends.
Salary Range: Starting at $12 per hour
SUMMARY: The Box Office Coördinator is a part-time hourly position. This position reports directly to the Managing Director. This position will be scheduled up to 25 hours per week, although due to the nature of the industry, may require more than is scheduled during performance weeks (10 weeks/year). The Box Office Coördinator will lead ticketing operations for all performances. The Box Office Coördinator should be computer literate and possess exceptional customer service skills.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process ticket sale transactions and resolve ticketing issues using the AudienceView/OvationTix ticketing system.
- Aid patrons including answering questions about the shows and the facility.
- Enforce all policies concerning exchanges, refunds, and similar activities.
- Stay up-to-date on new and old features of the AudienceView ticketing system via tech support and available webinars/training.
- Produce weekly sales reports and deliver information to the Managing Director and Artistic Director.
- Provide house count to the House Manager prior to each performance.
- Respond to a high volume of email for current and upcoming shows.
- Maintain box office and general information email accounts, forwarding emails to the appropriate departments as necessary.
- Answer incoming phone calls for ticket purchases or customer service requests and process accordingly.
- Run “will call” and assist with customer service questions and issues.
- Resolve disputes and complaints quickly, confidently, and effectively, and appropriately.
- Create direct mail documents related to season subscriptions and oversee printing, packaging, and distribution.
- Check mail daily and distribute it to appropriate staff.
- Communicate weekly with marketing, development, and group sales team members to see how you may assist in their activities.
- Distribute posters and postcards for each show around the Marietta Square and other Marietta locations (churches, senior centers, etc.).
- Empty all office trash on Fridays. Dust and vacuum every other week.
- Assist in the setup for all studio events as needed.
- Assist Managing Director and other staff with responsibilities or duties as assigned.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills — highly proficient with MS Office products MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Skilled at building and nurturing client and business relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective at conflict management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate well with patrons, donors, co-workers, and management.
- Experience with/or a passion for arts organizations; understanding of not-for-profits.
- Is visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, outgoing, innovative, dedicated, and possesses a high energy level.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates, including “black out dates” during the run of a production.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is preferred.
- Previous experience in a customer service or nonprofit environment is strongly preferred.
To apply for the Atlanta Lyric Theatre’s Box Office Coördinator position, please email a current
resume and cover letter to Colt Chambers, Managing Director, at email@example.com.